Photos of subway of Minsk, my native town
A photo film about Minsk, my native city, was introduced this week. Enjoy
«Hush City» is a sketch film in 4 parts: a story which happened once in Minsk.
We hope the idea of the project is clear enough, nevertheless we’ve created this concept page to explain a few important things. Everything else is left to be understood by the viewer.
The story takes place in present-day (2007—2008 at the moment of writing) Minsk.
Minsk is a strange, tiny Eastern-European metropolis. These days Minsk is the home to 1.7 million people. To compare, it has a much larger population than such European cities as Amsterdam, Stockholm and Vienna. Minsk located about 215 km from Vilnius, 550 km from Warsaw, 580 km from Kiev and 700 km from Moscow. In spite of this, Minsk is usually an undistinguished and easily avoidable spot on European maps.
After the disintegration of the U.S.S.R. in the early 90’s, Minsk became the capital of an independent republic. Nearby capitals such as Moscow, Kiev or Vilnius have grown significantly since then and have become well-known and remarkable in their own ways.
During the same time, surprisingly few changes have happened in Minsk. What visitors admit (as we also do) is that the city seems to be «hushed» in time. However, it doesn’t look like a cozy museum as many other European capitals do; the city more closely resembles a quite cheerless conservation of time.
- gravesyork1 on Joanna Kustra
- nature on Interview: Nature_lover, a Flickr user
- homepage on Interview: Claudio Naboni
- site on Interview: Claudio Naboni
- Monica Rødland on Juha Arvid Helminen’s Shadow People
- Ioan on Blow Job by Tadas Černiauskas
- Gayla Miller on Interview: Benjy Russell
- CONNECTIONS News – 06/17/2012 « CONNECTIONS on Amazon Tree Houses
- Aidy on Amazon Tree Houses
- mercadeo en linea on Interview: Claudio Naboni
- Blow Jobs By Tadas Černiauskas | MELISSA MERCIER on Blow Job by Tadas Černiauskas
- Daniel on Amazon Tree Houses
- miriam on Russian nerds by Tanya Zommer
- poldibeckmann on Amazon Tree Houses
- dally-wally on Amazon Tree Houses
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- June 2010
- January 2010
- September 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008